1. The freedom to teach Religion. We are Catholic and do our best to teach our kiddos our Faith. They read and learn about what we as Catholics believe and why. We can stop our day to pray the Rosary or Chaplet of Divine Mercy if we want to. We can watch or attend Mass. We can learn about Saints and celebrate their feast days. We are free to be Catholic.
2. The days are flexible. What does this mean? It means that if 2 of the 6 wake up sick we can either delay or postpone school. Or we can take a trip to the library or playground whenever I’m in the mood. We are also able to enjoy other homeschool friends and activities during the week. The best are those days when Mom just needs a break from school. We can just pick things back up the next day.
3. All kids are different. Some kids are good at Math while others excel at English. Some kids are verbal learners while others are kinesthetic. Some kids are happy most of the time while others are weird. Many different learning styles and personalities. Kids learn at different paces and with different curriculum.
4. We are an Air Force family which means we will move. We may have been in OK for 7 years but that is not normal for a military family. We will be here for a another year and then time to move again. A huge plus side is that as homeschoolers we can adapt to wherever we are. We have the option to take time off from school to adjust to our new surroundings,
5. Being able to volunteer. Because we are home most days we are more available to help those in need. We have helped collect school supplies for the local public school. We have also been able to bake lots of cookies for the troops living in the dorms/barracks. We babysit from time to time as well as share our knowledge of homeschooling with those new to it. The older two girls also take turns being mothers helpers when they can.
So I was going to type some well thought out closing explaining how this is only 5 of the many reasons we homeschool but I won’t. As this is the last post for the year I also won’t tell you my plan for resolutions. What I will do is tell you that this year has been full of ups and downs. We have learned a lot and plan to learn a lot more next year. Homeschooling is a huge aspect of our everyday lives and I honestly wouldn’t know what to do without it. I hope you all have an awesome and safe new year!